Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Prepare & Enrich

This is a short version of the Prepare/Enrich Survey and what they have found is that it highlights areas of concern as well as opens up opportunities for discussion.  Couples that discuss these and find resolution become stronger.  The actual survey has over 100 questions and it is copyrighted but these samples are made available by the authors and publishers.

20 questions from the Prepare/Enrich Relationship survey


Instructions: Answer the questions yes or no.

1. I expect some of our romantic love will fade after marriage.    
YES NO

2. I believe most disagreements we currently have will decrease after marriage.
YES NO

3. I really like the personality and habits of my partner.
YES NO

4. I am concerned about my partners drinking and/or smoking.
YES NO

5. I can easily share my positive and negative feelings with my partner.
YES NO

6. My partner is less interested in talking about our relationship that I am.
YES NO

7. We openly discuss problems and usually find good solutions.
YES NO

8. We have some important disagreements that never seem to get resolved.
YES NO

9. We have decided how to handle our finances.
YES NO

10. I wish my partner was more careful in spending money.
YES NO

11. I enjoy spending some time alone without my partner.
YES NO

12. At times I feel pressure to participate in activities my partner enjoys.
YES NO

13. I am very satisfied with the amount of affection I receive from my partner.
YES NO

14. My partner and I sometimes disagree regarding our interest in sex.
YES NO

15. I think parenting will dramatically change our relationship and the way we live.
YES NO

16. I have some concerns about how my partner will be as a parent.
YES NO

17. My partner and I agree on how much we will share the household chores.
YES NO

18. We disagree on whether the husband’s occupation should be a top priority in where we live.
YES NO

19. We share the same spiritual and religious values.
YES NO

20. We sometimes disagree on how to practice our religious beliefs.
YES NO

Scoring for Couples

1. On the odd numbers (1, 3, 5, etc.) count the number of items where you both answered YES.

2. On the even numbers (2, 4, 6, etc.) count the number of items where you both answered NO.

3. Add the two categories together.

Interpreting your Score

16-20 Very little risk of divorce

11- 15 Less risk of divorce

6-10 High risk of divorce

0-5 Very high risk of divorce

1 comment: